Terms and Conditions:
1. Introduction: K12Solutions (“we” or “us”) provides a fully hosted service called ParentID Passport (“Service”) that provides parent account provisioning and authentication services that integrate with SAML and oAuth portals in schools. Our services are available on the webservice www.parentidpassport.com and www.k12solutions.com.au (the “Service”) which is owned and operated by K12 Solutions Pty Ltd.
2. Use of Service: By using our Service, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (“Terms”). If you do not agree to these Terms, you may not use our Service.
3. Data Collection and Use: We collect information from school information systems, including first name, last name, email address, parent code, student codes, student first name, and student last name. This information is used to provision and authenticate parent accounts and to send welcome emails that contain the username and temporary password used for the parent to access school services.
4. Data Storage: Our data is stored securely within the Azure B2C user objects and in Microsoft Dataverse tables.
5. Service Availability: We aim to make the Service available at all times, but we cannot guarantee that the Service will be uninterrupted or error-free.
6. Maintenance Fee: Our Service is subject to an annual maintenance fee. Failure to pay the fee will result in the Service being withdrawn 30 days from the invoice due date.
7. Welcome Email: We use a 3rd party service to deliver the Welcome Email, and we cannot guarantee delivery.
8. Privacy Principles: We are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and their data. We will comply with all applicable privacy laws and regulations and have in place appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the security of your data.
9. Data Compromise Liability: We will not be liable for any damages resulting from a compromise of your data, including but not limited to, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of data.
10. Intellectual Property: All content published and made available on our Service is the property of K12 Solutions Pty Ltd and the Service’s creators. This includes, but is not limited to images, text, logos, documents, downloadable files and anything that contributes to the composition of our Service.
11. Third Party Goods and Services: Our Service may offer goods and services from third parties. We cannot guarantee the quality or accuracy of goods and services made available by third parties on our Service.
12. Links to Other Webservices: Our Service contains links to third party webservices or services that we do not own or control. We are not responsible for the content, policies, or practices of any third-party website or service linked to on our Service. It is your responsibility to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of these third-party webservices before using these services.
13. Limitation of Liability: K 12 Solutions Pty Ltd and our directors, officers, agents, employees, subsidiaries, and affiliates will not be liable for any actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities, and expenses including legal fees from your use of the Service.
14. Indemnity: Except where prohibited by law, by using this Service you indemnify and hold harmless K12 Solutions Pty Ltd and our directors, officers, agents, employees, subsidiaries, and affiliates from any actions, claims, losses, damages, liabilities, and expenses including legal fees arising out of your use of our Service or your violation of these Tams and Conditions.
15. Applicable Law: These Terms and Conditions